Not all golf courses have the budget to hire contractors for drainage projects. This seminar will be a practical course on how to plan and install drainage projects with “in-house” staff.
The following topics will be covered:
- Which components of a drainage project can be done “in-house” and which are better left to a specialized contractor
- Identifying the nature of the drainage problem(s) and selecting the appropriate drainage solution(s)
- Review design principles for fairway drainage and bunker drainage
- Planning of drainage projects
- Identifying an outlet for the drainage system and planning for any required improvements (ditch deepening, pond water level lowering, connection to an existing drain, etc.)
- Tips and tricks for installing drains