Turfgrass Talk Show: When Given a Lemon
Presented in partnership with Tru-Turf
Life’s tough and maintaining golf course turf, hosting tournaments, handling natural disasters, rebuilding courses all put the best in our industry to the test. When life gives you lemons, it’s time to make lemonade. The Turfgrass Talk Show once again brings you superintendents and golf course professionals from across the globe to enhance your Golf Industry Show experience. San Diego Turfgrass Talk Show panelists will discuss making their course playable after a major hurricane, rebuilding a golf course and preparing it for the Ryder Cup, and hosting back-to-back golf tournaments. During an interaction between panelist and audience, we will listen to numerous stories about what to do when given a lemon and how to overcome obstacles. Don’t miss the lineup of rapid-fire talks on labor and staffing – new this year! Start your GCSAA Education Conference experience off with a spark and join us for this quick-paced, interactive session that features superintendents from round the globe, a live band, and a reception after the Talk Show.
- Thomas Nikolai, Ph.D.The Doctor of Green Speed (DoGS), Michigan State University
- Don RothAssistant Golf Course Superintendent, Crystal Downs Country Club, Frankfort, Mich.
- Tim Hiers, CGCSDirector of Course Operation, White Oak Properties, Yulee, Fla.
- Paul ArmitageGeneral Manager, Le Golf National, Paris, France
- Alejandro ReyesGolf Course Superintendent, Le Golf National, Paris, France
- Andy JohnstonGeneral Manager/Director of Agronomy, Sentosa Golf Club, Singapore