Kikuyugrass from A to Z
Although kikuyugrass is managed at some of the top golf courses in the world, there is very little research and published information on the recommended management practices to produce top quality kikuyugrass. This interactive workshop will bring together researchers and kikuyugrass managers from the United States, Mexico and other countries to share practical information on what works and what doesn’t when it comes to kikuyu grass management. There will be a survey of kikuyugrass managers prior to the workshop to document current practices along with a facilitated discussion during the workshop to get feedback from attendees on the survey results. A panel of researchers, superintendents and breeders will cover a lot of ground in four hours. Don’t miss out on this session—it’s a first for the Golf Industry Show!
- Larry Stowell, Ph.D.Managing Director, PACE Turf, LLC, San Diego, Calif.
- Wendy Gelernter, Ph.D. Managing Director, PACE Turf, LLC, San Diego, Calif.
- Fernando Varela Golf Course Superintendent at Guadalajara Country Club, San Wenceslao, Mexico
- Patrick J. Gradoville, CGCS Director of Golf Course and Grounds, Palos Verdes Golf Club, Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.
- Marta Pudzianowska, Ph.D. University of California, Riverside
- Richard McIntosh Golf Course Superintendent, Torrey Pines Golf Courses, San Diego, Calif