presented in partnership with
Support your alma mater or favorite turf program in the Turf Bowl Rally!
Share your turf story via Twitter or Instagram using the official school hashtag, along with #contest. Retweets of tweets with both hashtags will also be counted as votes. All tweets and Instagram posts must include information about the golf industry, the Turf Bowl or turf course studies. The school with the most hashtag votes (tweets, posts and retweets) will win the GCSAA Collegiate Spirit Award during the Closing Celebration and receive $1,000 from John Deere for the school’s turf program.
The contest begins at midnight (Eastern), Jan. 31, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern), Feb. 7, 2017.
Be sure to include #contest
If your school is not listed, contact Diana Kern, GCSAA external education and data resource manager, to create your new hashtag.
Texas Tech University
University of Tennessee – Knoxville
University of Nebraska
Iowa State University
University of Maryland
University of Massachusetts
Penn State University
Texas A&M University
Mississippi State University
University of Georgia
Southeast Technicial Institute
University of Guelph
Michigan State University
Oklahoma State University
Kirkwood Community College
Oregon State Unversity
University of Arkansas
Tarleton State University
University of Rhode Island
University of Florida
Virginia Tech University
Washington State University
Ohio State University
University of Minnesota - Crookston
Kansas State University
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
University of Conneticut
1. The Turf Bowl team that receives the most support through hashtag votes and retweets will be awarded the GCSAA Collegiate Spirit Award and $1,000.00 from John Deere at the GIS Closing Ceremony on Thursday, February 9, 2017.
2. Tweets and Instagram posts must include #contest and your school’s hashtag. Your school’s hashtag is listed on golfindustryshow.com. If your school is not listed, please contact Diana Kern with GCSAA to create your new hashtag.
3. All tweets and Instagram posts must include information about the golf industry, the Turf Bowl and/or Turf course studies. Tweets and posts not including the noted topics will not be counted in the final school tally. Ex.) I love pizza. #contest #UMaryland_JDGCSAARally
4. Auto-tweeting/posting will not be counted as well as tweets/posts coming from accounts set up strictly for the purpose of garnering votes.
5. Applicable tweet/posts votes will be accepted from Tuesday, January 31 12AM EST to Tuesday, February 7 11:59PM EST.
6. GCSAA and John Deere reserve the right to not count tweets/posts or cancel this campaign at any time without notice.